Pro-Western Plastics promotes and maintains environmentally responsible practices for the benefit of our employees, the public and the environment. We will conduct and continue to grow our business in such a manner to demonstrate respect and sustainability for the environment through the protection and conservation of natural resources.
In accordance with the Pro-Western Plastics Environmental Sustainability Policy, we continually strive for ways to reduce our environmental footprint. Some of the initiatives we are particularly proud of include:
- replacing older injection molding machines with new, energy-efficient injection molding machines that consume nearly 50% less power and produce much less waste than before.
- replacing older forklift trucks with energy-efficient, low maintenance electric forklift trucks.
- the use energy efficient lighting throughout the offices and manufacturing facility.
- recycling and reprocessing of our internal production scrap material to eliminate it as a source of waste.
- redesign and source-reducing (i.e. light-weighted) many of our containers to reduce material usage without compromising performance.
- sourcing and purchasing corrugated packaging that contains a minimum of 35% recycled content.
- the use of printing inks and colorants that are free of heavy metals.
Additionally, we are an Operation Clean Sweep® partner for pledging to implement a program to achieve Zero Pellet Loss. Click here for more information.